Sunday, May 10, 2009

happy mother's day!

it is such a blessing to be a mother. i never knew what a joy it would be to have a child. you tend to put yourself second, but that's ok. i also never knew how emotional it was to be a mother!! i had a wonderful mother's day today. cory and luke fixed me breakfast, strawberry muffins, took me out to lunch and did some house work for me. i had an awesome day. thanks cory and luke!

i never knew how much my mother sacrificed for me and my sisters until i became a mother. my mother is such a wonderful person whom i look up to so much. she has always stood by me and my sister's side in every thing we've done. i used to not be as close to my mother as i am now. something about getting married and having a child changed all that and made me realize how smart my mother is. she is such a strong person i read a chinese proverb that said: "to understand a mother's love, bear your own children." that is so true!

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." -washington irving
i love you mom! happy mother's day. (she will probably kill me for putting this picture on here!)
we had a great dinner yesterday over my parent's house....lawler's bbq!! yummy. all the kids (and dads) played football for hours. we had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment