Wednesday, February 25, 2009

goodbye 20's......

.....hello 30! today i turned the big 3-0. my goodness...i can't believe i'm that old....my parents can't either. i woke up this morning not in a good mood. it's just kinda depressing....no more young and hip, no more "yeah, i'm in my 20's". but, as the day went on, the more luke sang me "happy birthday", the more phone calls i got, the more messages i got, and the more cards i got, i got to thinking....hummm...maybe 30 isn't going to be so bad. thinking about all i did in my 20's....stopped dating (thank goodness!!), settled down and got married, got educated (more), had a baby, built a house....WOW...what a decade. i think i really realized who i was when i was in my 20's. now on to 30...so much life to look forward to. God has truly blessed me and i am so thankful He is in my life. i have an awesome husband who i absolutely love with all my heart, i have a wonderful son who is the light of my life and a loving family that i really enjoy spending lots and lots of time with. what more can a woman ask for (yes, woman, not girl!!).
so, thanks to everyone who made my birthday special. i love you all!

cory took me to my favorite restaraunt today...ROSIE'S!!

here are some of the cards, the wonderful flowers from my parents and the Vera wallet from luke......(cory's is comming later...so he says!)

2 comments:

  1. I was going to call, but thought you would be busy, busy as usual. So, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Let's get together soon. I'm going to need some support. ;)

    ~Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie's is the greatest. Good service too.

    ReplyDelete