Thursday, August 25, 2011

A very in depth conversation between me and Luke on the way home from preschool today....

Luke:  "mama, I don't need to be at home"
Me:  "what?  why?"
Luke:  "since I'm a superhero, I need to be out saving people, right?"
Me:  "well, you can't leave home now....you're still a little boy."
Luke:  "ummm....mama, I'm a big boy, and I need to go save the world."
Me:  "you're not old enough to leave home.  Me and daddy need you to stay at home until you get older."
Luke: "I still need to save people"

How do you explain this to a 4 year old....who thinks he really is Superman/Batman?  I had no idea parenting would be this difficult.

1 comment:

  1. Sabrina, what a beautiful family. I too am a native of Limestone County. My grandfather was John Raymond McElyea and grandmother was Lela Mae Ezell Mcelyea. My mother was Bertha Mae McElyea and married R.A. Dorning. I am sure we are kin somewhere back there. Who was Cory's parents and grandparents? I do a lot of genealogy on our family. Thanks,
    Ray Dorning

    ReplyDelete